I've been enjoying DreamZzz for a few months but it really feels more like a CV than an artistic piece intended to be heard top to bottom. It's stylistically inconsistent, an arranger's attempt at a musical buffet. "#6 Liquid In Love" could easily have been written by Chicago, and I hear Tower of Power and other bands with a distinctive sound hiding in there too. The timing of the album's release is pretty good, Philip is surely looking for a new gig now that Prince is no longer touring.
The official video for Strut is hilarious...ly cheap. But it's fun.
Listen on google play or spotify.
I give this album 3.5, it's catchy and it gets played regularly, but I won't miss it if I ever cancel my google play subscription...
* For one of his tracks. That's right, not the whole album, not his touring band, just one track on one album.

No comments:
Post a Comment