Twenty One Pilots: Vessel
I'm so pumped that nobody has reviewed a Twenty One Pilots album yet. My wife introduced me to them and it became a running joke (that we've since retired as it ran its course) that I dove into them so hard-core that I'd turn to her and say, "Don't be afraid of a guy in shades."
Oh, wait. That's Corey Hart. I get myself mixed-up with '80s singers all the time.
I'd turn to her and say, "Hey, you should really get into this band called Twenty One Pilots..."
If I were a musical act, I've long said I'd be The Beastie Boys. But a close second now may very well be Twenty One Pilots.
I. Love. These. Guys.
They're fun, upbeat, self-referential, and self-deprecating. I was actually torn amongst their three albums: Twenty One Pilots (2009). Vessel (2013). Blurryface (2015). I leaned towards doing their latest, given Musooklub likes to lean to the recent. And it was the cheapest.
But I feel a special draw to their 2013 effort. So, I splurged.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6c61xahbmrbvhfk/AAACEbuqwuZS_LwwWox0RSyKa?dl=0
A decidedly non-upbeat turn is "Car Radio," which to me is a modern masterpiece.
I'll leave y'all with a screen shot of the music video.
The guy dons a mask to cover everything but his eyes. The opposite of sunglasses.



No comments:
Post a Comment