Sunday, February 21, 2016

Iron & Wine - Our Endless Numbered Days

It's come around to my turn again and I'm scrambling once again ... after some quick searches I've come back to my backup choice this week. This one spun out from Raman's recent request for some car lullaby songs. I've recommended Iron & Wine and was familiar with a lot of the songs on this album without actually hearing the whole album.





It's a weird nostalgic feeling when you hear an album for the first time in completion, yet have already associated several songs to different movies ... which is what I had when I listened to this album. So, I already came into this album a little prejudiced and didn't quite appreciate the songs I havent heard before - so I'll give it a few more listens.

Overall, its an intimate rich album, which I appreciate more as I listen with the lyrics.

Enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment