Hi
Everyone, I am going to continue sharing a bit of Music from Brasil for the
group, at least what I am discovering here. I hope that it offers a bit of
variety to the group :)
This time I
wanted to share Paraíso da Miragem album from newcomer Russo Passapusso. This
is his first album and I believe it is quite a good one. There are many
different influences coming together in one very coherent album.
He creates
a very good blend traditional Brasilian Popular Music from the 1970’s (MPB) and
yet has modernized it and given it a very different twist than what has been
done recently by some of the latest up and coming artists from the area.
The first
song “Paraquedas” (Parachute) is brilliant and will probably stick with you for
a while. Upbeat with a good mix of percussions, horns guitar and bass. Other songs
that I enjoyed: Flor de Plástico (Plastic Flower), Anjo (angel), Sapato (Shoe).
Album is
available on his site as well (free of charge), so no illegality here.
Hope you
enjoy it!

No comments:
Post a Comment