Sunday, February 8, 2015
Musooklub Favorites - Volume 1
It's been great to have been part of this Musooklub the past 5 years. Although I may technically be breaking one of our illustrious editor's rules with this post, I decided to do something a little different.
I admit that I haven't probably spent as much time as I would have liked listening to every album that's been posted since we started in 2010, I have listened to almost everything at least once. In this time, I've greatly expanded my music collection and appreciation for a lot of new bands and styles of music that I normally don't listen to.
So, I decided to look back at all the postings and pick my top 15 favorite songs from this club. While this is not an exact science and I'm probably forgetting a couple great songs here and there, all these songs caught my fancy and most made it into regular rotation in my listening.
Without remembering who had actually posted which albums, it was nice to see that there was a pretty wide range of people who's music I liked. Although there were a few people who's albums I had picked twice on the list, Jieun takes 1st place with songs from 2 postings and an assist for having posted the first album from Broken Bells (of which I picked a song from their later posting).
For those of that might not have been part of this Klub since the beginning, hope you might enjoy this "curated" top 15 songs from me!
And most importantly, thanks to Raman for keeping us rolling and to everyone for sharing your music week after week!
THE TOP 15 SO FAR...
Howlin' For You (Kari): The Black Keys, Brothers
Head Full Of Doubt (Kari): The Avett Brothers, I And Love And You
Tiny Spark (Raman): Brendan Benson, Lapalco
Rye Whiskey (John H): Punch Brothers, Antifogmatic
After the Disco (Raman, although Jieun posted the first Broken Bells album to the group): Broken Bells, After the Disco
Unbelievers (Laurent aka Lolobou): Vampire Weekend, Modern Vampires Of The City
Do I Wanna Know (Jieun): Arctic Monkeys, AM
Madness (Susannah): Muse, The 2nd Law Disc 1
Feel The Love (Snake Anthony): Cut Copy, In Ghost Colours
Plastic Soldiers (Francois/Laurent): Portugal. The Man, Evil Friends
I'm All Over It (Ben): Jamie Cullum, The Pursuit
Merry Go 'Round (Derrick): Kacey Musgraves, Same Trailer Different Park
Rent I Pay (Jieun): Spoon, They Want My Soul
My Word For It (Rohan): Angus & Julia Stone, Angus & Julia Stone
Mornings Eleven (Rohan): The Magic Numbers, The Magic Numbers
Download it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/slh7okv1x1eovic/Best%20of%20Musooklub%20-%20Volume%201.zip?dl=0
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great idea!
ReplyDeleteMixtape! Ahh, the cassette-shaped memories :-)
ReplyDelete