Monday, November 10, 2014

Kacey Musgraves - Same Trailer, Different Park

Kacey has been quite a force over the past year. I was a little late to the party, as she first crossed my radar when Katy Perry announced that Kacey would open for her Prism tour. I still didn't bother to listen to her when she was nominated for four Grammy Awards last year - the most of any female artist.  When I heard her perform "Follow Your Heart" at the Grammy Awards, I finally realized I needed to check her out.
"Follow Your Heart" is still my favorite song of hers, and my favorite country song of the decade. It is superb writing, and her sweet voice compliments it perfectly. Like many country albums, the easily related pictures she paints with words are the main draw, and the each song goes after themes that every person knows well. "Blowin' Smoke" is an edgier guitar song, and shows a bit of range.

Link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t05kluui4o8i70r/Same%20Trailer%20Different%20Park.zip?dl=0

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this one, I've had it going on a loop for the past week. She does have a very sweet voice and the songs are uncomplicated and, as you say, touches on thoughts and feelings that everyone can relate to - though, I must say I've never personally had to worry about a place to drain the septic tank of my trailer...! That made me laugh, only in country music can you sing about sewerage without it being really gross ;-)

    My favourite songs were Silver Lining, I Miss You, and Step Off.

    I'm giving it a 4 :-)

    ReplyDelete