Tuesday, November 25, 2014

TuNe-yArDs - Nikki Nack

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! This week I've decided to go with TuNe-yArDs - an artist I've been into for about a year. She (Merrill Garbus) put out a new album this year, Nikki Nack, and down-right kills it.

I've had the chance to see her live a couple times, and her style/stage presence is extremely unique and full of energy. She uses a loop machine + percussions + her voice (and a touring band) for some crazy sounds. Wiki describes TuNe-yArDs as "worldbeat, lo-fi, indie pop, freak folk and afrobeat", not to mention there's some powerful messages lyrically so.

TuNe-yArDs is fun to listen to, and sounds so different from anything else that I find it hard to imagine that I'll be getting tired of her anytime soon. Hope you guys enjoy!

Fave tracks - all of them, but having to choose:
1. Water Fountain
2. Real Thing
3. Manchild

(If you get the chance, I also recommend listening to Gangsta from the album WHOKILL)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q8pv3dyjiyhhp5c/AADuy1ZGYlnidR1s9xvY-ltZa?dl=0


2 comments:

  1. I think they are pretty interesting, quite different sound from what we usually listen to. But not too much my stuff.
    3/5

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the tracks you listed. My two favorite wear "Wait for a Minute" and the bass drum lead in on the first track "Findd a New Way"

    ReplyDelete