Sunday, October 19, 2014

The War on Drugs - Lost in the Dream

My turn again.

I was deciding between three albums.  One, some EPs from Coutney Barnett.  I haven't heard much myself, but saw her live and was very impressed.  Two, the latest from Ty Segall, which is amazing and highly recommended.  But I went with number three: the latest from The War on Drugs.

I saw The War on Drugs in 2008 opening for Bishop Allen.  I went to see Bishop Allen, and at the time of the show I'd never heard any music by The War on Drugs.  But I was very impressed with TWOD live.  (Interesting side note: Kurt Vile is a former member of TWOD.)

This year their third album came out.  First: 2008.  Second: 2011.  Third: 2014.  They're taking their time.  I like that.

This was on NPR's First Listen, which I've already plugged on here but feel like plugging again.

I heard this album over the speakers at a Barnes & Noble while browsing within the past week or so.  The secret's out.

It's a mix of hazy, bright, danceable, fuzzy, psychedelic pop music.

I hope you enjoy it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qqhgrqsospbol36/AAABeRc8IYOsClWhX8qctIxIa?dl=0

No comments:

Post a Comment