Monday, June 9, 2014

Fall Out Boy - Take This To Your Grave

I've probably listened to this album in its entirety about a hundred times since I bought it in eighth grade at my local mall's Hot Topic. The album is remarkably catchy. It's fast paced four to the floor throughout the whole damn thing. There are no acoustic tracks or interludes. If you can't handle distorted guitars and lots of BPMs you might want to break this album into two separate listening sessions. As a teenage boy this album was the soundtrack to my journey through puberty. It's pretty much about girls, dreaming big, and dealing with loss. I thought I would eventually out grow this spite-fueled 40 minutes like I have with other albums through out my adolescence, but it has stood the test of time. Don't dismiss this album because it's Fall Out Boy and you aren't a fourteen year-old girl. Listen to it as if your hippest friend told you this was a new band that was going to be the next [insert cool band name here]. I think Fall Out Boy gets written of because of their mainstream success. I think they are assumed to be a record label manufactured boy band created to sell more hair products, but the truth is they're just a bunch of losers from Chicago that were tired of playing heavy metal and wearing eyeliner. I hope you all enjoy!

Best Songs
1.Tell Mick That He Just Made My List Of Things To Do Today
3.Grand Theft Autumn

zip: https://www.dropbox.com/meta_dl/eyJzdWJfcGF0aCI6ICIiLCAidGVzdF9saW5rIjogZmFsc2UsICJzZXJ2ZXIiOiAiZGwuZHJvcGJveHVzZXJjb250ZW50LmNvbSIsICJpdGVtX2lkIjogbnVsbCwgImlzX2RpciI6IGZhbHNlLCAidGtleSI6ICIzNnRpN25qa2Z0eWN2MjcifQ/AANVlThr7aF6phlMS-z91YlV1tP8bBFPWIj8VsTEp8DG0A?dl=1

Hi! I'm Joey Burtoft, a friend of Raman's I met in the salt mines of Ahalogy. I'm from the charming city of Warsaw Indiana home of Rick Fox. I am a software developer or at least that's what I tell the ladies (lol!). I currently live in Cin City and I don't think it's too bad. I like sports, alcohol, and repressing my emotions. If you want to know anything else I will gladly let you take me to dinner. Just don't get too handsy! Bye!


8 comments:

  1. I've had this on repeat for the past few days at work and I'm quite enjoying it. Like you said, there's no "down time", it's an assault on your ears from go to woe! I haven't noticed any songs as standing out from the rest (as being better or worse) but that's probably a consequence of me listening while I work, I'm not necessarily paying attention.

    I like it, 3.5 for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Don't dismiss this album because it's Fall Out Boy and you aren't a fourteen year-old girl."

    This comment made me believe you :-)

    I will listen with an open mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoyed the album, but did have a generic pop-punk sound that made me quickly forget it.

      2/5

      Delete
  3. Also, link be broken. Any chance you can repost?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second the "link be broken" comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the energy of the album. It's great to be young and not to have fears and prejudices. Though, I like it to a certain level: I don't like when they get too excited or when they shout. And they do that in a few songs. Now, I like OK most of the individual songs, and I think that "Calm before the storm" might be the one I prefer, because it offers a good balance of sound level changes and a melody. It is the typical band that I would love to see in concert, or that I could listen for a bit, while running, but that I don't enjoy much listening on my iPod at home or at work because I get of it tired after 5-6 songs.
    Now, that's good rock. 3.5

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll keep this in my public folder for a while:

    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c8t76mlufbu696m/AAAltzok-z4hDONAdDDwXizfa

    ReplyDelete