Wednesday, September 8, 2010

DJ Jinja Ninja - Wait, What?


(see here for his other mixes: http://soundcloud.com/jinja-ninja)

About the band...

I've gone for something a bit different this time. I've chosen a mix by a DJ called Jinja-Ninja, who as far as I can tell is a tech-head living somewhere in the UK. Hi real name is Alex. And that's as much information as I have.

Why I Picked This Album...

I've been listening to his mixes while I write code at work, it's the kind of music which doesn't engage my brain so it fills my ears while at the same time leaving me free to think about the work at hand. I chose this mix in particular because at 48:00 there is a sample of Jose Gonazlez and I thought it was fitting.

My other favourite mix is Leaving London, I recommend if you've got some time to have a listen to that one too.

9 comments:

  1. still haven't listend to the album, but i threw together an "album cover" baed on elements on his blog:

    http://www.jinja-ninja.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cover. I've been using that yellow mask thing as my album cover, but yours is better.

    When do you sleep, Raman?

    ReplyDelete
  3. the more accurate question is, "what do you actually do at work Raman?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've gotten as far as the dialogue at the start. Having a baby makes doing my Musooklub homework hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear techno,
    i remember the days when i used to like you. the Crystal Method, Orbital, and even some Prodigy. but something changed over the years. my interest waned and i gave up caring. so now days everything that comes from you sounds trite and over-sampled. i guess i've just become an old man, while you trod on, ecstasy, glow-sticks and all.

    1.5. sorry

    but we'll always share strongbad's "the system is down"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwZwkk7q25I

    your old friend,

    raman

    ReplyDelete
  6. My iPod kept stopping this in the middle, I'm not sure if anyone had the same problem.

    Good mix, hoping it mixed in another - to add another dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Took this on a 5km run, finished in record time. So, useful if not enjoyable track.

    ReplyDelete