Monday, November 2, 2015

The Head and the Heart





When I saw the other selections that came out during the "Top 5 recommended", I realized this was going to be a little bit sub-par. This album is no Grace nor Graceland and simply a decent album that I discovered about two years ago. While it isn't a masterpiece, it's an enjoyable Sunday morning or afternoon soundtrack. Still worth listening to :)

The Head and the Heart (record bearing the name of the band) is a typically well produced indie record with folk influences. You can absolutely picture the band just from that description: Beards, home brewed beers, bikes and of course, they come from Seattle.

The fun part about them is that they are a bunch of grad students who formed a band part time but didn't really envision living from it. They recorded a couple of songs  at home, played a few times in loval venues and in less than two years ended up touring in Europe and in the festival music scene in the US (Lollapalooza, Governors Ball, etc.). 

Hope you enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment