So I'm sort of on a music lull. I've been trying to decide what to pick for my week and I chose the Twilight New Moon Soundtrack. I haven't read any of the books or watched any of the movies nor am I really eager to really start ... but after hearing some of the tracks on the radio, I got the album awhile back ago.
I don't know if its b/c I dont expect much from the movie, but the album is surprisingly good - compilation of songs from Thom Yorke, Bon Iver, Death Cab and others. I think these songs were written exclusively for the movie.
I admit some songs are a bit campy or juvenile but hey its a movie about vampires - its almost a given. I'm still impressed by the selection.
My favorite tracks are Satellite Heart and Slow Life.
I rate it a 3.5/5
I love how you specify you haven't seen any of the movies or read any of the books.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm not going to hold the songs being campy or juvenile against them. That happens a lot on compilations and soundtracks. If fact, I'm going to pick one of the campiest. "Friends"